Foodies Festival returns to Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham on 3rd - 5th June 2016 for the second year and it looks set to be a great show. I do love a good food festival and having attended last year, this is a great affordable festival for food lovers and also for a day out for families. I reviewed my experience last year, take a read here. This year is likely to be bigger and better with the Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain headlining, alongside some well-known chefs from the area such as Acktar Islam (from the Lasan group) and James Wong (from Chung Ying).
Alongside the chefs theatre where top chefs will be cooking some of their favourite meals, there are other areas which you must check out such as:
- Cake and Baking Tasting Theatre - bakers will be showing how to make show stopping cakes and Summer bakes. There is also a vintage tea room, where enjoy afternoon tea, homemade scones and cakes all served by vintage styles tea ladies and gentlemen.
- Feast - Street Food. This is usually one of my favourite things about food festivals, trying food from all over the world. Visitors will not be disappointed with street food on offer from Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, Argentinian, Turkish, Indian, Korean, Mexican and African (wait where's the Caribbean food ?:-) ). There's also an emphasis on Brazillian food as Brazil is hosting the world cup; think the national dish Feijoada and the national cocktail Caipirinha.
- Shop - Artisan Produce. There's over 120 food producer stalls and I'm a big fan of purchasing artisan produce. I suggest you visit with some extra pennies and sample a range of great range of food products.
- Sip - Drinks Theatre. For those that love cocktails and drinks, you need to visit this theatre. Learn from expert biologists and also participate in a blindfolded whisky challenges.
- Crunch - perhaps for the brave, sample a range of insects including grasshoppers, caterpillar, beetles and many more at the Vietnamese Street Food Stand. Not for the faint hearted.
- Childrens Cookery School - Little foodies can participate in pizza and cupcake making classes.
- Spice It Up Chilli- Eating Challenge - participate in the chilli eating challenge.
- Live Music and Pop Up Bars. If you need to relax, then chill to live music and pop up bars.
Ticket Prices range from £10 for a Friday ticket, £14 for a Saturday/Sunday ticket and £20.00 if you want to visit for all three days. VIP tickets cost £38, this includes a glass of champagne, priority entry to food and drink masterclasses, show guide and a goody bag. Children under 12 go free.
The lovely people at Foodies Festival are giving away three pairs of tickets for 3 lucky readers of Food Glorious Food. To be in with a chance, follow the below instructions.
- Follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter.
- Join my blog and leave a comment (click on the left hand corner of the site and join using Google Friend Connector. This is an ESSENTIAL requirement.
- For additional entries, subscribe to my Youtube channel, Instragram, Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter.
- All entries will be checked and verified.
- Rafflecopter will pick a winner at random.
- The competition will run from 02.05.16 - 22.05.16
- Winners will need to respond in 3 working days.
- Please feel free to share the giveaway.